Strawberry Shortcake

I don't even know how to begin this post...lol...Hi my name is Cindy and I am an addict of Strawberry Lip Balm.  hahahaha...I really am!  Most of the lip balms I own and use more frequently are strawberry.  I once counted about 13 lip balms lying around my desk at work!?!?!  Don't ask...my friend was hanging out with me and said how many do you have...so we counted em up!

I don't really know why or how this whole addiction begin.  All I can say is that I have some fond childhood memories of picking strawberries with my family, and of playing with Strawberry Shortcake dolls when I was little.   Yeah I ran around like a little crackhead snorting these dolls...which maybe other little girls were not obsessed with doing...hahaha...and I recently bought my neice the whole collection of NEW Strawberry Shortcake Dolls...which smell just as intoxicatingly good.  I sniffed that doll for about 5 min!!!!  I am not a weirdo...so since I can not walk around with dolls taped to my nostrils...the next best thing is Strawberry Scented Lipgloss. 

I also suffer from Dry Lips...and nothing is more unattractive on a woman then peeling dry lips...I mean if you have acne, you can cover that up, it takes a little skill but it can be done flawlessly...but peeling chapped dry lips...you can not cover it up.  You have to treat it.  And you have to be consistent with lip therapy to overcome it.   I always have some kind of lip balm with me, and 9 times out of 10 it is Strawberry Scented.  

So here is another free beauty tip....the next time you are sitting at dinner...grab a packet of sugar...not splenda, not sweet and low...good ol fashion white sugar.  Toss a couple of those in your makeup bag.   Whenever you feel like your lips are peeling, dry and chapped.   Go to the ladies room and use the sugar and water to exfoliate your lips.   Or keep a sugar jar next to the sink in your bathroom....sprinkle some sugar on your toothbrush and brush your lips!  Proper exfoliation is step 1.   Step 2: moisturize.  

I think I may have bought ever possible type of lip balm on the market.  I have little stash of Strawbery Lip Balms on my noteboard bulletin board...I will post a pic.  Sometimes I will layer on a cheep strawberry lip balm over vaseline or something for the smell.   haha..ok enough about smelling strawberries...

After alot of trial and error purchasing I have a few products that are always within hands reach.

Here are some of my favorite lip products:
#1- Bison Japan Hannari series Honey Strawberry Lip Cream - I discovered this lip balm at Mitsuwa in San Jose, CA.    I think it cost $3.99 and it lasted me almost a year....So don't go crazy and buy a bunch, save some for the rest of the Asian Beauty Addicts.  hahaha!   I recently was back in San Jose.  I went to Mitsuwa just to restock on these and they were all out...they only had the other flavor that comes in the little pot...its not the same...smells awful too...   I strickly stick to the Strawberry Honey Flavor... I swear by this lip balm..it is the only stick balm that really, really works!  I ended up ordering it on eBay...I ordered 3...So I am good for a while! 

#2-MAC Tendertones - I am in love, love, love with MAC Tendertones.  The smell, the coverage, the SPF and the conditioning all in one package is a dream.   This is always in my little pool bag!  My favorite color is Shush!  which is green but it really counters the pink in my lips and looks natural.   You can find these now at your CCO or on eBay.

#3-Rosebud Strawberry Lip Balm and Moisturizer - Rosebud Salve has a great following.  It is made out of petrolatum, like Vaseline, which is exactly what it reminds me of.   Strawberry scented though so it smells great!!!   The tin lasts a while and I like putting this on my cuticles!   This is available at Sephora and Ulta.

#4-Vaseline - Vaseline works...just ask Tyra!   I mean there really isn't anything fabulous to it...It kinda smells and that may be why I don't like it as much...and something about putting Petroleum on my lips...but meh...I don't sweat it that much...I think it's just a little to greasy and I don't particulary like the smell...but it works!
#5 - Laura Mercier Lip Silk- I watched a youtube review and this was highly praised as being the one and only treatment someone used for dry lips...yes it does work...I agree with the review...but I think it works just as well as vaseline.

I may have paid the difference for the packaging because it made it seem fancier...but seriously just get the vaseline.